This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in April – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Designing polymers for advanced battery chemistries / Nature Reviews Materials
- Chemical, structural, and electronic aspects of formation and degradation behavior on different length scales of Ni-rich NCM and Li-rich HE-NCM cathode materials in Li-ion batteries / Advanced Materials
- Solid garnet batteries / Joule
- Cross talk between transition metal cathode and Li metal anode: Unraveling its influence on the deposition/dissolution behavior and morphology of lithium / Advanced Energy Materials
- Separation of predominant processes in electrochemical impedance spectra of lithium-ion batteries with nickel-manganese-cobalt cathodes / Journal of Power Sources
- Prospects of production technologies and manufacturing costs of oxide-based all-solid-state lithium batteries / Energy & Environmental Science
- Critical review of non-invasive diagnosis techniques for quantification of degradation modes in lithium-ion batteries / Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- Investigating the thermal runaway mechanisms of lithium-ion batteries based on thermal analysis database / Applied Energy
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- Role of flying cars in sustainable mobility / Nature Communications
- Technology generation and international collaboration in the Global Value Chain of Lithium Batteries / Resources, Conservation and Recycling
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.