This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in August – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Identifying the components of the solid–electrolyte interphase in Li-ion batteries / Nature Chemistry
- An unavoidable challenge for Ni-rich positive electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries / Chemistry of Materials
- Practical evaluation of energy densities for sulfide solid-state batteries / eTransportation
- Li-free cathode materials for high energy density lithium batteries / Joule
- Lithium-ion battery fast charging: A review / eTransportation
- Quantitative parameter estimation, model selection, and variable selection in battery science / Journal of The Electrochemical Society
- Data-driven safety envelope of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles / Joule
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- How large is the effect of financial incentives on electric vehicle sales? – A global review and European analysis / Energy Economics
- Storage requirements and costs of shaping renewable energy toward grid decarbonization / Joule
- A comparative energy and environmental analysis of a diesel, hybrid, hydrogen and electric urban bus / Energy
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.