This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in December – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Good practices for rechargeable lithium metal batteries / Journal of The Electrochemical Society
- Superstructure control of first-cycle voltage hysteresis in oxygen-redox cathodes / Nature
- Washing of nickel-rich cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries: Towards a mechanistic understanding / Journal of The Electrochemical Society
- Understanding interface stability in solid-state batteries / Nature Reviews Materials
- Batteries with high theoretical energy densities / Energy Storage Materials
- Formation challenges of lithium-ion battery manufacturing / Joule
- Battery energy storage models for optimal control / IEEE Access
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- Review of critical metal dynamics to 2050 for 48 elements / Resources, Conservation and Recycling
- Technological development of key domains in electric vehicles: Improvement rates, technology trajectories and key assignees / Applied Energy
- Long-duration electricity storage applications, economics, and technologies / Joule
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly battery snapshots focused on science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.