This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in July – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Thick electrode batteries: Principles, opportunities, and challenge / Advanced Energy Materials
- Long cycle life and dendrite-free lithium morphology in anode-free lithium pouch cells enabled by a dual-salt liquid electrolyte / Nature Energy
- Ambient storage derived surface contamination of NCM811 and NCM111: Performance implications and mitigation strategies / Journal of The Electrochemical Society
- Stabilizing polymer electrolytes in high-voltage lithium batteries / Nature Communications
- Improving cyclability of Li metal batteries at elevated temperatures and its origin revealed by cryo-electron microscopy / Nature Energy
- A review on the key issues of the lithium-ion battery degradation along the whole life cycle / eTransportation
- The cell cooling coefficient: A standard to define heat rejection from lithium-ion batteries / Journal of The Electrochemical Society
- Data-driven health estimation and lifetime prediction of lithium-ion batteries: A review / Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- Research gaps in environmental life cycle assessments of lithium-ion batteries for grid-scale stationary energy storage systems: End-of-life options and other issues / Sustainable Materials and Technologies
- Membrane-based technologies for lithium recovery from water lithium resources: A review / Journal of Membrane Science
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.