This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in June – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Commercialization of lithium battery technologies for electric vehicles / Advanced Energy Materials
- High-efficiency lithium-metal anode enabled by liquefied gas electrolytes / Joule
- Challenges and opportunities towards fast-charging battery materials / Nature Energy
- Customizing a Li-metal battery that survives practical operating conditions for electric vehicle applications / Energy & Environmental Science
- Ni/Li disordering in layered transition metal oxide: Electrochemical impact, origin, and control / Accounts of Chemical Research
- Overview of model-based online state-of-charge estimation using Kalman filter family for lithium-ion batteries / Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- Fast charging of an electric vehicle lithium-ion battery at the limit of the lithium deposition process / Journal of Power Sources
- Li-ion battery reliability – A case study of the Apple iPhone / IEEE Access
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- The underestimated potential of battery electric vehicles to reduce emissions / Joule
- Economy analysis of second-life battery in wind power systems considering battery degradation in dynamic processes: Real case scenarios / Applied Energy
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.