This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in November – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Energy storage: The future enabled by nanomaterials / Science
- Structural insights into the formation and voltage degradation of lithium- and manganese-rich layered oxides / Nature Communications
- Lithium-ion battery electrolyte degradation of field-tested electric vehicle battery cells – A comprehensive analytical study / Journal of Power Sources
- Diffusion‐limited C‐rate: A fundamental principle quantifying the intrinsic limits of Li‐ion batteries / Advanced Energy Materials
- Unsupervised discovery of solid-state lithium-ion conductors / Nature Communications
- A comparative investigation of aging effects on thermal runaway behavior of Li-ion batteries / eTransportation
- Thorough state-of-the-art analysis of electric and hybrid vehicle powertrains: Topologies and integrated energy management strategies / Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- A review on state of health estimation for lithium-ion batteries in photovoltaic systems / eTransportation
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- Recycling lithium-ion batteries from electric vehicles / Nature
- How much charging infrastructure do electric vehicles need? A review of the evidence and international comparison / Transportation Research Part D
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.