This is our roundup of interesting articles on Li-ion batteries published in October – a mix of educational, groundbreaking, helpful, thought-provoking, and topical. If you follow battery research, these are 10 papers you should be aware of:
- Degradation mechanisms and mitigation strategies of nickel-rich NMC-based lithium-ion batteries / Electrochemical Energy Reviews
- Origin of lithium whisker formation and growth under stress / Nature Nanotechnology
- New insight on the role of electrolyte additives in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries / ACS Energy Letters
- Fluorinated solid-electrolyte interphase in high-voltage lithium metal batteries / Joule
- Design strategies for high power vs. high energy lithium-ion cells / Batteries
- Asymmetric temperature modulation for extreme fast charging of lithium-ion batteries / Joule
- Review of battery cell balancing methodologies for optimizing battery pack performance in electric vehicles / IEEE Access
- Additive manufacturing of batteries / Advanced Functional Materials
APPLICATIONS & POLICY
- A raw material criticality and environmental impact assessment of state-of-the-art and post-lithium-ion cathode technologies / Journal of Energy Storage
- Recycling end-of-life electric vehicle lithium-ion batteries / Joule
There is more!
We compile plenty of interesting papers into our monthly literature reviews focused on battery science, engineering, and applications. Pick a topic, and there will be something for you.
Want to receive ionizing papers directly in your email box?
» We will keep you up to date (1–2x/month) with a selection of interesting battery research & development.
» You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.